Fall and turkey go together hand in hand so this not so little birdie makes a perfect crafting subject right about now.
I’ve put together a fun list of turkey crafts for kids – super simple projects preschoolers and kids in kindergarten can easily master as well as some more demanding crafts for older kids.
*this post contains affiliate links*
Fall is the best time to be making turkey crafts with kids, from super easy project you can do with your toddler, through fun classroom friendly ideas for preschool and kindergarten, you will find them all.
Most of ideas turkey art and crafts ideas here are quick to make and mostly use material you probably already have at home – perfect for a quick crafting session.
Turkey Crafts Template
Making turkeys with construction paper strips sure is fun, and it makes for the most wonderful display for a bulletin board in the classroom. And this one comes with a template to color in – perfect for younger kids that aren’t yet too friendly with scissors.
Grab the turkey craft template and see how we made this one.
The same template can also be used to make a fun looking leaf turkey. Pretty cool eh? Go out on a leaf hunt with your kids or class, gather as much colors as possible and let the fun turkey time begin.
See how we made ours and grab the template.
Put on a Show with These Printable Puppets
Put on a show with these amazingly fun and easy to make turkey puppets. There’s one template to color in and one that is already colored in. Sounds like fun? It sure is!
Grab the turkey puppet templates here.
Handprint Turkey Craft
Handprint arts sure are fun, but we do love to take things a bit further – why not make the most adorable dinner table placeholder in the shape of a turkey? You’ll need some construction paper, paints and clothspins to make one and it will be the talk of the diner.
Check out the turkey hand print art.
Construction Paper Turkey Craft
Turkey crafts for kids can come in all sizes… This one you can make super small or extra large to fit in the classroom as a magnificent decoration.
We love making DIY origami bookmarks, and a turkey shaped one just had to be added to our collection of turkey crafts for kids.
Just want a quick and fun printable bookmark?
We’ve got one turkey shapes one too!
More Turkey Crafts for Kids
1. Pinecone Turkey Craft – gather some materials when you’re taking a walk in the nature and make this lovely craft.
2. Paper Plate Turkey – as paper plate crafts are the best.
3. Make a turkey book – what a wonderful craft idea by B-inspired Mama.
4. Fine Motor Math Game – why not do some learning while you’re at it by Pre-K Pages
5. Toilet Paper Roll Turkey Craft – another wonderful idea – this time with a recycled note.
6. Adorable Hanprint Turkey Craft by Artsy Momma
7. Adorable Hanprint Turkey Craft by Glued to My Crafts
8. Bubble Wrap Creation – just make sure you don’t pop all the bubbles. Crafty Morning
9. Another wonderful paper plate turkey – as kids love paper plate crafts. I Heart Arts and Crafts
10. Styrofoam Craft – turn those cups into cute little turkeys. I Heart Crafty Things
11. Easy Cardboard Turkey Craft – perfect for preschoolers. Hello, Wonderful
12. Thanksgiving Napkins – these are soooo adorable by Make and Takes
13. Turkey Cookies – how about a crafty snack?
14. Detailed Turkey Coloring page – you and your kids will have a lot of fun coloring this one. Red Ted Art
15. Potato Stamped Turkey? Beyond adorable. Make and Takes
16. Fun Placemats – there are so many ways you can use these. LalyMom
17. Craft that’s perfect for preschoolers – yet they will love this one. Teaching 2 and 3 year olds
18. Cone Turkeys? Oh so fun! Crafty Morning
19. Paper Bag Craft – oh the fun crafts you can make with paper bags. No Time For Flash Cards
20. Paper Fan Turkey – such a wonderful craft and decor idea. A Girl and a Glue Gun
21. Dish Cleaner Art – it’s amazing what you can do with a dish brush. Crafty Morning
22. Fingerprint Turkey Thank You Card – super sweet and simple. Deco Art
23. Pompom Turkey by Growing up Gabel
24. Colorful Coffee Filter Craft by Buggy and Buddy
25. Button Turkey by A Couple of Craft Addicts
Want instant access to all of our printable crafts, activities, and resources?
With thousands of crafts, activities, worksheets, coloring pages, and drawing tutorials to print, you will always have just the resource you need at your disposal. Perfect for parents and teachers alike!