We’ll soon be saying bye, bye to summer so it’s just the right time to start thinking about fall crafts for kids to make and this paper plate hedgehog craft fits the bill!
It combines nature materials and the always handy and versatile paper plates.
Paper Plate Hedgehog Craft
What you need:
- 1 paper plate
- fall leaves
- light brown paint
- googly eyes
- black marker
- glue (white school glue or glue gun – you can get a low temp one for younger kids)
How to make it:
Pain the paper plate brown. Let the paint dry completely.
Cut it in half.
Glue the halves together – most paper plates will will allow for the hedgehog to stand on it’s own if you glue the halves together.
Mark the head area (to keep it leaf-free). Apply a generous amount of glue and start sticking on leaves. Let each layer of leaves set for a bit. Once you are happy with how your paper plate hedgehog craft looks stick on two googly eyes and draw a nose and mouth. Isn’t this fellow adorable=
More Hedgehog Crafts for Kids to Make
- love hedgehogs? Make a toilet paper roll hedgehog
- how about painting some hedgehog rocks
- reading a book? Make a hedgehog corner bookmark
- more nature crafts you say? How about a pine cone hedgehog
- salt dough hedgehog is another one to make
- or just paint leaves to make hedgehogs
- if folding paper is your thing be sure to make an origami hedgehog