This time around we’re making cute hedgehog painted rock art! We love stone painting and we love hedgehogs so these cute fellows were a must.
Hedgehog Painted Rocks
What you need
- stones (river stones gathered on your next walk or picked up in a dollar or craft store)
- brown acrylic paint
- beige acrylic paint
- black marker
Wash the stones and dry them to get rid of dust and dirt. Paint them with a coat of beige color. Let it dry. Paint over with brown, leave beige head.
You can add some texture already by adding more (wavy) layers of brown paint. Make a brown spot for the nose. Let dry completely.
When the paint dries completely draw spines, eyes and nostrils with a black marker. You are all done. Repeat as many times as you want :).
So how many of these hedgehog painted rocks will you make?
More hedgehog crafts for kids
- origami hedgehog – this one looks amazing
- pine cone hedgehog craft – perfect craft for fall
- hedgehog origami bookmark – to keep those book sin check
- salt dough hedgehog – such a wonderful mommy and me project
- leaf hedgehogs – another cool fall activity
More painted rock crafts for kids
- rock turtle craft – this fellow is our favorit
- stone cactus – for those who can’t keep their flowers alive
- painted rock bugs – can’t get enough of these
1 thought on “Hedgehog Painted Rocks – Rock Crafts for Kids”
I’ve been painting quite a few rocks and this by far is the cutest and easiest. Love it
Comments are closed.