Let’s do some jolly crafting – this time we are making a super easy paper plate Christmas tree craft. This is a quick and easy project and you can adjust it to fit most ages.
These little trees will make a wonderful decoration in your home don’t you agree?
*this post contains affiliate links*
Paper Plate Christmas Tree Craft
This can easily be a project for the whole family to do together, it’s quick, easy and frugal. One paper plate yields 2 trees and you can easily replace pom poms and yarn with other scrap materials you already have at your home. So who will make the nicest looking tree?
It also makes for a good class craft for kindergarten and preschool, give the students as many materials as possible for them to create their unique tree.
What you need:
- paper plates
- green paint
- brushes (we love sponge brushes when it comes to coloring larger surfaces)
- regular or glitter pom poms
- white school glue
Paint the paper plate green. Let the paint dry before you continue.
Once the paint has dried, cut the paper plate in half.
Make a cone. You can either use glue or if older kids are making their paper plate Christmas tree craft they can also use a stapler.
Decorate your Christmas tree with yarn and pom poms. White school glue works like a charm here. We love how the glitter pom pom shines on the top of the tree.
More easy Christmas crafts for kids to make:
- Make these adorable popsicle stick and twig ornamentst.
- Or maybe this fingerprint salt dough ornament.
- If you like paper plate crafts then try this paper plate reindeer craft or Santa paper plate craft.
- Young kids will love making this Christmas sock craft.