This time around we’re making cute hedgehog painted rock art! We love stone painting and we love hedgehogs so these cute fellows were a must.
Hedgehog Painted Rocks
What you need
- stones (river stones gathered on your next walk or picked up in a dollar or craft store)
- brown acrylic paint
- beige acrylic paint
- black marker
Wash the stones and dry them to get rid of dust and dirt. Paint them with a coat of beige color. Let it dry. Paint over with brown, leave beige head.
You can add some texture already by adding more (wavy) layers of brown paint. Make a brown spot for the nose. Let dry completely.
When the paint dries completely draw spines, eyes and nostrils with a black marker. You are all done. Repeat as many times as you want :).
So how many of these hedgehog painted rocks will you make?
More hedgehog crafts for kids
- origami hedgehog – this one looks amazing
- pine cone hedgehog craft – perfect craft for fall
- hedgehog origami bookmark – to keep those book sin check
- salt dough hedgehog – such a wonderful mommy and me project
- leaf hedgehogs – another cool fall activity
More painted rock crafts for kids
- rock turtle craft – this fellow is our favorit
- stone cactus – for those who can’t keep their flowers alive
- painted rock bugs – can’t get enough of these
Want instant access to all of our printable crafts, activities, and resources?
With thousands of crafts, activities, worksheets, coloring pages, and drawing tutorials to print, you will always have just the resource you need at your disposal. Perfect for parents and teachers alike!
1 thought on “Hedgehog Painted Rocks – Rock Crafts for Kids”
I’ve been painting quite a few rocks and this by far is the cutest and easiest. Love it
Comments are closed.