If your kids are fans of this fun holiday why not have a crafty day with them and you can make on of these Groundhog Day crafts together.
You’ll find a few simple projects the youngest ones will easily manage as well as some that require a bit more skill and patience.
Groundhog Day Crafts for Kids
We do wonder what the spring will bring! Can this little rodent help us? This holiday certainly is a fun one for the kids and there are quite a few fun activities – both craft and art you can do with your kids or students.
From simple ones preschoolers and kids in kindergarten can easily do, to more demanding ideas suitable for older kids.
Our Favorite – Groundhog Day Agamograph
Watch the groundhog pop out of the ground – change your point of view to reveal one of the two agamograph images – groundhog in ground and one peeking out.
We’ve got a template for you to print and color in so this project trully is easy peasy.
Simple Construction Paper Craft
Starting simple with this adorable paper Groundhog day craft. Easy Peasy and Fun
More fun Ideas to try with your kids.
- Got a paper bag? You can make a pretty cute puppet out of it. Glued to My Crafts
- You can make a whole lot of cool things out of cupcake liners, groundhog being just on of those. I Heart Crafty Things
- If you guys love to create with paper plates why not try this paper plate groundhog craft? ABC Creative Learning
- You can make a pretty fun looking groundhog with your hands too. Fun Handprint Art
- Here’s another super simple craft. Inner Child Fun
- You can also let the kids pretend to be ground hogs, which will be easy once they make their own masks. I Heart Crafty Things
- This simple craft is really adorable. Crafty Morning
- And this craft is just so fluffy. The Joys of Boys
- This one might actually be my favorite, what a fun groundhog day craft this is! Still Playing School