If you need something that’s fairly easy to make and will impress your guests you must give this Candy Corn Shot Glasses with Candy Corn Whip a try!
It’s a perfect Halloween dessert and an extra tasty treat for all you candy corn lovers!
When I first saw the shot glass molds and ice shot glasses made with them I though the idea was quite cool (although holding one really isn’t the pleasantest experience for someone who “loves” cold as much as I do). But as a party attraction? They rock! Now I’m not a fan of making ice shot glasses as the idea of them melting all over the place makes me cringe (and it would be probably I who would forget them somewhere so I’d have no one other than myself to blame for the mess) but there is no need to limit yourself to water only with these!
And thus the amazing Halloween dessert making fun starts!
Ghost Shot Glass
2 Cups Wilton Bright White Candy Melts
2 Cups Wilton Orange Candy Melts
2 Cups Wilton Yellow Candy Melts
1 Wilton 8-Cavity Round Shot Glass Mold
3 Disposable Piping Bags
1. Starting with the white candy melts, place in a small microwavable mixing bowl. Heat in microwave at 50% power for 1½ minutes. Remove and stir. Repeat in 30-second intervals at 50% power until completely melted. Be sure not to overheat. Remove from microwave and stir until candy melts are completely smooth and silky.
2. Using a spoon, fill a piping bag with the white candy melts. Press any big air bubbles from the bag. Push candy melt toward the tip. Using scissors, trim the tip, creating a small hole.
3. Slowly, fill the bottom of each shot glass mold with white candy melt 1/3 of the way full.
4. Gently tap mold against counter top to eliminate air bubbles. Lift mold above your head to check for additional air bubbles and repeat tapping process as needed.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 3 for the orange and yellow candy melts. The candy corn shot glass will be layered as white, orange, and yellow.
6. Place mold in freezer for approximately 30 to 40 minutes. Remove mold from freezer. Slowly invert each shot mold until candy melt shot glass is released. Carefully place each candy melt mold upright onto a clean, flat surface.
½ cup Candy Corn
½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 cup Whipped Topping
Orange Food Coloring
1 Disposable Piping Bag
1. In small pan, combine candy corn and heavy whipping cream and heat on low. Constantly stir until candy corn has completely melted. Mixture will become bright orange. Remove from heat. Pour into a small bowl and place in refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
2. In small mixing bowl, add whipped topping.