Let’s make a paper plate snowman craft! This one will shine and sparkle just like it would if it were made out of real snow.
This one is perfect both as a Christmas craft or as a winter craft. You can even staple together 2 or 3 paper plates and make the whole body.
Paper Plate Snowman Craft
What you need to make your snowman
- paper plates
- medium sized black buttons
- large pink buttons
- white shimmer sugar or glitter
- mod podge
- puffy paint
- paint brush
- low temp glue gun kids can handle
Hot glue your two black buttons towards the top middle of your paper plate for the eyes. Then hot glue your two pink buttons below the eyes and to the side for the cheeks. Naturally, you can also paint these with pink and black paint.
Paint your plate with mod podge and sprinkle your sugar or glitter onto the mod podge (we do recommend using glitter if the craft will be displayed, as we don’t want any bugs with sweet tooth visiting our project).
Use your black puffy paint to connect the two pick buttons with a wavy smile (you can also use a black marker to draw the smile, but you will have to do it before you use Mod Podge and sprinkles – this will also make the smile not so visible). Alternatively you could also use small black buttons. Then draw on a carrot shaped nose with your orange puffy paint and let your plate dry
Your paper plate snowman craft is done. Isn’t it adorable? We love the snow like sparkle this project has.
More easy snowman crafts for kids
- cotton balls snowman craft – perfect for toddlers and preschool
- paper snowman craft – preschoolers and kids in kindergarten
- cotton rounds snowman – another great project for preschool and kindergarten
- snowman Christmas ornament
- fingerprint snowman ornament
- snowman pom pom