If you’re looking for a fun summer activity that will cool your kids you have to try painting with ice!
Make a batch of ice paints for your kids and let them get super creative while keeping cool at the same time.
Painting With Ice – Make your own ice paint
What you need
- 1 cup of water
- Red, yellow, green, and blue food coloring
- Short Popsicle sticks
- Ice cube tray
1. Pour your water into your ice cube tray evenly
2. Add just a tiny drop of red food coloring to four different cubes and mix well
3. Add just a tiny drop of yellow food coloring to four different cubes in mix well
4. And just a tiny drop of blue food coloring to four different cubes and mix well
5. Then add a tiny drop of green food coloring to four cubes and mix well
6. Place a short popsicle stick into beach ice cube mold
7. Freeze for about 4 to 6 hours or overnight
8. Pull on the sticks to remove from the tray
9. Lay old newspaper down on the table before you paint, as food coloring will stain
10. Hold the wooden sticks to paint with
And the fun can begin! These run supper smoothly on the paper and the colors are great (kind of water colory). This ice painting activity will be a hit over the summer (perfect if you’re throwing a summer party).
Want instant access to all of our printable crafts, activities, and resources?
With thousands of crafts, activities, worksheets, coloring pages, and drawing tutorials to print, you will always have just the resource you need at your disposal. Perfect for parents and teachers alike!
4 thoughts on “Painting With Ice – Make Your own Ice Paint”
Loved this activity, but I would add lots of food colouring next time. The colours were hard to see, still made some beautiful watercolours that children loved! It created a nice sensory experience for children.
Well, look at this! I just googled ice painting and found your site. Love this idea! I am going to try it with my kids! It also makes a great activity for teaching the letter i!
Look like this would strain the kids clothes along with their skin, if made with food coloring?
It’s always best to have the kids wear clothes that can get dirty when playing or making “messy” activities.
Comments are closed.