If you’re looking for a fun summer activity that will cool your kids you have to try painting with ice!
Make a batch of ice paints for your kids and let them get super creative while keeping cool at the same time.
Painting With Ice – Make your own ice paint
What you need
- 1 cup of water
- Red, yellow, green, and blue food coloring
- Short Popsicle sticks
- Ice cube tray
2. Add just a tiny drop of red food coloring to four different cubes and mix well
3. Add just a tiny drop of yellow food coloring to four different cubes in mix well
4. And just a tiny drop of blue food coloring to four different cubes and mix well
5. Then add a tiny drop of green food coloring to four cubes and mix well
6. Place a short popsicle stick into beach ice cube mold
7. Freeze for about 4 to 6 hours or overnight
8. Pull on the sticks to remove from the tray
9. Lay old newspaper down on the table before you paint, as food coloring will stain
10. Hold the wooden sticks to paint with
And the fun can begin! These run supper smoothly on the paper and the colors are great (kind of water colory). This ice painting activity will be a hit over the summer (perfect if you’re throwing a summer party).