If you are looking for the best gifts for a 14 year old girl (daughter, friend, sister…) you’ve stumbled on the right place!
Or are you 14 and are looking for some inspirations and ideas to put on your wish list? Browse this list and I am sure you’ll find something you will love and also be sure to add your own ideas in the comments section.
If you need something for a younger girl also check this list of gifts for 13 year old girls!This post contains affiliate links.
Can you remember when you were 14? And what your friends were like? Most likely a colorful pallet of individuals each with their own unique personalities and pursuing their interests – whatever they might be.
We adults like to look at fourteen year olds as “kids” and the truth couldn’t be further from it – just thinking back at all the things I did at that age makes me sure of that (I was a drama queen with a tendency to cause and get into trouble but most of all I wanted to be acknowledged and respected/treated like a person and not dismissed when I wanted my voice to be heard).
What gifts does a 14 year old girl want?
If you are looking for a gift for a girl that’s close to you, either a good friend or a family member the best way to go about is to simply ask them what they want – chances are you’ll get an answer and everyone will be happy.
Then again there’s the popular answer “I don’t know” or the newest iPhone or a Mac which in the end really isn’t a bad gift if you are willing to spend large sums of money.
Now if you can’t ask or didn’t get a clear answer this list will help you out.
A Gift You Can’t go Wrong With
Money or Gift Cards
99.9% of the time you can’t go wrong with gifting money (you can even fold it in a unique way like in a shape of a butterfly).
Or you can go and give a gift card – two great picks are an Visa gift card which they can use in the stores and restaurants or an Amazon Gift card if they love to shop online.
What’s great about giving one of these two gifts is that they go well with all types of teens – if she’s geeky, sporty, tomboy, diva, girly girl, fashionable, into music or anything really as she’ll be able to put that money forward to buy something she really, really likes!
Now the amount? We leave that one to you!
Most Asked For Gifts for a 14 Year Old Girl
Electronics, Gadgets and Accessories
These are a huge hit with teens – quite honestly the newest smartphone or a tablet is one of the most asked for gift by 14 year old girls.
Now as far as accommodating this wish goes it really depends on the relationship between you the gift giver and the girl.
Here are some of the “appropriate” (and by that in no way written in stone) ideas on what to gift.
Parents and step parents:
- a new smartphone (especially if she doesn’t yet have a phone) – it doesn’t need to be the most expensive one
- tablet – iPad, Kindle Fire,…
- a new computer
- DSLR camera – it’s all about taking photos these days and being good at photography is a valuable skill nowadays!
- all other gifts listed bellow
Grandparents and other family members:
- Mp3 player
- high-end headphones
- digital camera
- all other suggestions bellow
- a case for a phone, tablet,…
- cute low-end headphones
- iTunes card ($10, $20…)
- USB memory drive
Influencer / Youtuber
Has your teen or teen friend decided on a path of internet fame? Becoming a youtuber, influencer or a persona on any other platform is something that appeals to teens a lot. And whatever your thoughts on such a path might be, we all need to be aware that times are changing and these types of careers and hobies are a thing of these times.
What to get to a girl who is or wants to be an influencer / youtuber
- studio equipment that she might lack – ring lights, backdrops, mic
- online courses that will make her skills better (courses on socail media platforms, video editing)
- business books
Clothes and Shoes
Everybody needs those right? But there are so many ways you can go wrong with getting clothes so if you’re not sure about the size, this teen girls style or even brands I’d avoid getting those altogether or get a gift card to the store they like to shop in.
If you do decide to buy clothes (I personally, would rather go for a bag, scarf or other accessory) be extra mindful of her clothing style. You might have good intentions and buy something that looks great to you or is super comfortable (the older we get the more important the comfort factor is but just remember your teen days – who cared about that huh?) it may be greeted with a sour face and will just stay in the closet forever.
All girls like some “bling, bling” but as with clothes the type of “bling” really depends on her style – from a leather cuff bracelet for a rocker to the golden necklaces.
Overall the popular pick these days are wire charm bracelet – especially the Alex and Ani
Body care products, perfume, make up, hair…
This is another fairly safe idea to give as gifts for a 14 year old girl.
Make Up (if parents allow) and if she wears it
- something that goes well with her style – darker shades for a rocker, punker, goth or a metal head, lighter shades for “pop” girl…
- get them a well known brand that has quality make up, something they could not usually afford
- nail polishes can be a great choice too
Body care products
- body care gift baskets to the rescue – these make a great gift but as with other gifts are not necessarily for everyone. If you don’t know the girl well go with something that’s not overly scented, something neutral.
- skin care and acne care products
- a scent that’s not too intense should do the trick
Hair styling accessories
- a curling iron
- hair straightener
Simple and Awesome Gifts 14 Year old Girls will love!
A Good Book or Two if she’s an avid reader
Books are a great gift but ONLY if she loves to read! I love reading but you couldn’t sell me a book when I was 14, it was the last thing on my mind but my best friend read 1 book a week (my sister almost 1 book a day!!!) and they were the happiest when someone gifted them new books to read.
As a reference here are some of the books that are currently trending among teens;
- Throne of Glass series
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- Paper Towns by John Green
For the movie loving girl
- tickets to the movies
- Amazon Fire TV
Something for 14 year olds who love music
A lot of teens identify themselves with music so this can really, really make a great gift for them.
- iTunes gift card
- new speakers, headphones, MP3 player
- newest CD from their favourite singer or band
- music memorabilia (autographed things if she really admires a singer or a band)
- music lessons if she’s shown an interest in playing an instrument
- vinyl record player if she’s into retro (well these are making a comeback anyway)
For the Creative Mind
Coloring books are all the rage now and not the kiddie kind! Coloring book for grown ups is a fun pick! Art sets are always a great choice too or “how to” artsy books.
For the Sport Loving Teen
If you are looking a gift for a 14 year old girl who loves sports here are some of the ideas she might appreciate;
- a new ball
- sporty clothes
- ticket to see a game
- sports memorabilia – a signed ball, card…
- cool looking water bottle
For the Environmentalist
If you’re looking a gift for a 14 year old girl who’s really into saving the environment – eco friendly gift is a must – like recycled cotton socks, eco soap, locally grown fruit (fruit basket)…
Gift Ideas for a Video Game Enthusiast
I spent a chunk of my pre-teen and teen life playing video games – I even learned the basics of another language by playing games (“thanks” dad for buying 2 German games – wasn’t funny at that time but looking back it sure was useful in the long run!).
Is she asking for a gaming console? It’s a great gift. If not that you can always go with a popular game title!
“Tomboy” and Geeks (geeks in the coolest sense of the word!)
I was/am a tomboy and I totally hate that word – I mean why does it have to have a “boy” in it since well tomboys are girls! But for a lack of an alternative word here are some gift ideas for a 14 year old tomboy (most of the gift ideas previously mentioned naturally apply – electronics, video games…);
Classes! Let them learn a life skill!
- if she has shown interest in playing an instrument you can get her music lessons.
- if she likes to cook why not surprise her with an advanced cooking class.
- horseback riding, skiing lessons, parachute jump (this one would kill me but just tossing it out there as an idea for the less faint hearted).
- a trip and a stay (with adult supervision) to another city or even country.
- art classes
Something for Her Room
Keep out! Not an uncommon sign on a teen’s room doors. Their room is their space and a reflection of her personality! Here are some of the most asked for room decorating gifts for a 14 year old girl.
- furniture – bean bag chairs are great
- new bedding
- wall art
- doorbell (got to smile at this one but I think it’s awesome)
- a new lamp
Who Does Not Love Candy?
Seriously? Do you know a person who does not love candy? We don’t! So how about a subscription to candy…
Cool candy from all over the world? They will love it… And how tempted are you to get them yourself?
There! Hope you enjoyed this list of gifts for a 14 year old girl and you found something you will be buying or putting in your wishlist! have your idea of best gifts for a 14 year old girl? Do let us know in the comments!