Looking for the best gift for a 13 year old girl? Or are you 13 and are looking for some inpsirations or ideas? Browse this list and I hope you’ll find something you will love!
This post contains affiliate links.
Whenever we see my partners 13 year old niece the first thing that comes to my mind is, well how times flies and boy do they grow up fast!
Times certainly have changed since I was that age but one thing did stay the same – we have been way more child like as far as I can remember but we still wanted things that were trendy and cool – as do teen girls now.
I too wanted the coolest phone (but there were 3 to choose from back then), I too wanted trendy clothes (you got one piece and you were awesome) and all the cool new gadgets that were released back then (now all looking prehistoric).
What gifts does a 13 year old girl want?
This question is too tough to give a straight answer. Each one is individual and has her own interests and wishes so your best bet is to either talk to her about what he wants directly or to ask her parents if you wan’t to nail it!
However I did a survey and talked to a few teens about what they think are the best gifts to give the general idea (no guarantees though).
Casual Gifts for a 13 year old girl
Money or Gift Cards
You really can’t go wrong with either of those as they work out well with almost all personality types – tomboys, girly, sporty, music lover, outdoorsy, rocker…
They might be saving up for something and money will help. If they have a favorite store you can get them a gift card for that particular store.
Don’t know what their favorite store is? You can go with a store that has everything – for example you could get them a Amazon Gift card.
Perfume was one of the more asked for things and I think it’s a great idea! There are thousands to choose from and they come in all price ranges so you can get one that she and your wallet will like.
Clothes and Shoes
Who doesn’t love or need clothes? While they make a great gift shopping for clothes can be the trickiest!
Always respect her style choices! Now you may have a “rebel” in your home and would want to get her something you deem “normal” but trust me that won’t go down well.
Also keep in mind that this is a “delicate” age group and as teens are sadly bombarded with (wrong) beauty ideals you can easily hurt her self-esteem with a wrong clothes size.
An easy way out of this is to either get her a gift card for her favorite clothes store or just take her shopping as a gift.
Always respect her style choices!
Gadgets, Electronics and Accessories
These rank high in their wishlist and in the eyes of teens are the most often the best gifts for a 13 year old girl.
Now I personally am not a fan of giving too expensive gifts unless necessary but if you feel your teen needs one, is responsible enough, you can afford it, here are some of the most asked for things
- iPhones or other phone
- iPads or other tablets
- MP3 players
Now as a lot of “kids” already own one of those getting a accessory for them is also a good pick. Like a colorful iPhone case (or one that fits her style)!
Bracelets and necklaces are by far the most popular pick.
Make Up, Beauty and Hair Styling Accessories
Again, keep in tune with her style! If you are getting a gift for someone else’s daughter also keep in mind what her parents allow or don’t allow.
Here are a few ideas to consider:
- a rocker will usually appreciate an eye-liner or mascara.
- most (not all) will appreciate a lip gloss or some eye shadow. You will probably make her super happy if you get her a brand she normally can’t afford to buy by herself.
- if she loves doing her hair and doesn’t yet have one a hair straightener or a curler this will make a great gift! You can also go with a hair styling set.
- a bath gift basket is a fun choice too – I mean who doesn’t love to pamper themselves.
- teen skin care products (you remember, it’s the age of dreaded acne – we’ve all been there!)
- nail polish (the more the merrier).
Something for their free time and hobbies
A Good Book or Two
If you have a reader at home a book is always appreciated! There are many great series that 13 year olds will like – if she likes to read that is!
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians
- Divergent Series
- The Hunger Games
- Gallagher Girls
Ticket to the Movies
That is one of the rare things that really hasn’t changed much since we were teens – we all wanted to see that movie everyone was talking about!
Classes! Let them learn a life skill!
- if she has shown interest in playing an instrument you can get her music lessons.
- if she likes to cook why not surprise her with an advanced cooking class.
- horseback riding, skiing lessons, parachute jump (this one would kill me but just tossing it out there as an idea for the less faint hearted).
- a trip and a stay (with adult supervision) to another city or even country.
- art classes
If you know of an activity that she would enjoy with their friends that is a great option too – group classes, workshops.
It’s all about taking good photos and sharing them with friends these days! What’s great about getting a camera is that it works for almost all “types” of teens.
If she loves taking photos, she’ll love it, if she likes to visit concerts she’ll be able to take great photos, likes nature – she’ll be able to capture it…
There are so many great ones out there and you can get them in all price ranges. This is my personal pick for a starting camera that’s pretty much budget friendly as far as “serious” cameras go.
Video Games for the Gamer Girl
So you’ve got a gamer? A new video game is a must (or a new console the whole family can enjoy – expensive much though). If you don’t know what kind of video games she likes a gift card for a video game store is your best bet.
Some of ideas for a gamer girl:
- new controllers
- gift card for the console she is into (or computer games)
- gaming headphones
- if she has a favorite character, then merchandise with that character will be welcome too
Sports Gifts for the Sporty Girl
Healthy mind in a healthy body. Being fit is important and if the teen girl in question enjoys sports, a sporty gift to encourage sports even more is more than welcome.
If you are looking a gift for a 13 year old girl who loves sports here are some of the ideas she might appreciate;
- a new ball
- sporty clothes
- ticket to see a game
- sports memorabilia – a signed ball, card…
- cool looking water bottle
- new attire
- paid class for the sports she is into
- sports bag to keep her stuff in
Something for a Artsy for the Creative Girl
Lots of teens are really creative, some like to draw, other like to paint or express themselves through any other form of art.
- art supplies
- art books – how to’s for different techniques
Something for Her Room
Keep out! Not an uncommon sign on a teen’s room doors. Their room is their space and a reflection of her personality!
Here are some of the most asked for room decorating gifts for a 13 year old girl:
- furniture – bean bag chairs are great
- new bedding
- wall art
- doorbell (got to smile at this one but I think it’s awesome) – it’s also a teen favorite
- a new lamp
- storage boxes that call her name (in her style)
- a cute cushion
There! Hope you enjoyed this list of gifts for a 13 year old girl and you found something you will be buying or putting in your wishlist!
Want instant access to all of our printable crafts, activities, and resources?
With thousands of crafts, activities, worksheets, coloring pages, and drawing tutorials to print, you will always have just the resource you need at your disposal. Perfect for parents and teachers alike!