If you are looking some great ideas for gifts for a 12 year old girl (daughter, friend, sister…) you will find it here! Even if you are 12 and are looking for some inspirations and ideas on what to put on your wish list I bet you’ll find quite a few things here?
If you need something for an older girl also check this list of gifts for 13 year old girls!
12 year old girls can be quite challenging to shop for as this age is somewhat “caught in the middle”. While some might still enjoy some of the toys others will frown upon the idea of being given a toy.
What gifts does a 12 year old girl want?
Well the best way to find that out is to simply ask her what she wants. This might save you a lot of trouble and you’ll be able to get that one perfect gift.
Naturally chances are she’ll say she doesn’t know or will want something that is totally out of your desired price range.
Now if you can’t ask or didn’t get a clear answer this list will help you out.
Our 5 Top Picks
- full art kit – let them unleash their creative side
- Body Works Products
- Nail Art Studio
- Gummy Candy Maker
- iTunes Gift Card
A Gift You Can’t go Wrong With
Money or Gift Cards
Yep! That’s it. Money and gift cards can be far from personal but they do the trick most of the time.
By giving either of those you’ll allow the girl to get whatever she wants for herself.
Good choices for gift cards are
- iTunes Gift Card
- Amazon Gift Card
- gift card to their favorite clothes stores
- if you are a friend buying a gift for a friend a plush toy is kind of a evergreen pick
What’s great about giving one of these two gifts is that they go well with all types of teens – if she’s geeky, sporty, tomboy, diva, girly girl, fashionable, into music or anything really as she’ll be able to put that money forward to buy something she really, really likes!
Now the amount? We leave that one to you!
Most Asked For Gifts for a 12 Year Old Girl
Clothes and Shoes
They love getting clothes but thread carefully, the chances of you getting something she will really, really like are way slimmer than getting something she’ll hate (and will have to pretend to like and then never wear).
If you’re in tune with her style, than by all means do buy her clothes, (everybody needs them) if not it’s best to go with a gift card for one of her favorite stores with clothes.
Jewelry and acessories
Most girls wear jewlerry of some sorts, be it an adorable charm bracelet or a netted wrist band.
Scarf, handbags, pins… All of these make fun gifts just be in tune with her style.
Body care products, perfume, make up, hair products…
This is another fairly safe idea to give as gifts for a 12 year old girl.
Make Up (if parents allow) and if she wears it
- nail polishes
- lip balm, lip gloss
Body care products
- Hand cream
- Body lotions
- Spa gift basket
- skin care and acne care products as sadly these can be in ful swing at this age
- a scent that’s not too intense should do the trick
Electronics, Gadgets and Accessories
Yes, you guessed it these are all a huge hit with tweens – most of their friends in this age group already have phones and other gadgets so this is somethng you could consider.
Here are some of the ideas depending on “relations” with the girl
Parents and step parents:
- smart watch
- tablet – iPad, Kindle Fire,…
- all other gifts listed bellow
Grandparents and other family members:
- high-end headphones as music is more and more important to them
- digital camera or if they have a good smartphone attachable lens for photography
- all other suggestions bellow
- a cute case for their phone, tablet,…
- fun low-end headphones
- iTunes card ($10, $20…) so they can pack their device with awesome music
Simple and Awesome Gifts 12 Year old Girls will love!
A good book if she likes to read
Books make wonderful gifts, especially if the person likes to read!
As a reference here are some of the books that are currently trending among tween
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- Percy Jackson and The Olympians Rick Riordan and John Rocco
- Paper Towns by John Green
For the movie loving girl
- DVD’s (or blu-ay)
- tickets to the movie the whole family can see (or let them go with their friends)
- movie memorabilia – posters from the movies that are currently in, themed jewellery, room decor, books….
Something for 12 year olds who love music
Every year music is more and more important to them – by now they pretty much know what the love (nowadays One Direction seems to be the it band – this not meaning every tween will be happy to receive something that has to do with that band).
- you can always play it safe and get them an iTunes card so the’ll be able to grab the music they love
- new headphones will do great
- music memorabilia – if you know they are crazy about one band or a singer why not get them a book, bracelet or anything else to do with that band – get an autograph and you’re golden
- does she love to sing? Why not get her singing lessons to perfect her talent
- or maybe a guitar (or any other instrument) lesson – all of these are wonderful gifts for a 12 year old girl
For the Creative Mind
Encourage their creativity, you can get them all kinds of art and craft supplies.
For the Sport Loving Teen
If you are looking for gifts for a 12 year old girl who loves sports here are some of the ideas she might appreciate;
- a brand new ball
- a set of trendy sporty clothes
- new trainers
- ticket to see a game
- sports memorabilia – a signed ball, card…
- cool looking water bottle to keep them hydrated
For the Environmentalist
Eco friendly gifts are great for so many reasons and she will really, really appreciate one. You can get recycled clothes and all kinds of other cool things made from recycled materials. If you have a fair trade shop in your town you’ll find a whole lot of awesome gifts there too.
Gift Ideas for a Video Game Enthusiast
Video games are “in”! Geeky is the new cool these days and I was always a fan of video games. You can get her some of the latest titles you’ve probably heard her talking about and with video games becoming super popular you can now easily get game memorabilia too. How does a plush of her favorite game character sound? Fun right!
Is she asking for a gaming console? It’s a great gift. If not that you can always go with a popular game title!
A few geeky picks and stuff for “tomboys”
I just have to put it out there (again) – I really, really dislike the word “tomboy”, they should totally come up with a better word to describe the coolnes factor it comes with ha.
Kicking it off with a geeky suggestion – like how cool is this mug?
- accessories that go well with her style, if she’s geeky and loves all things superheroes why not get her some superhero stockings
- a cool watch
- if she’s into sports a t-shirt of her favorite team will go a long way, a hoodie is also awesome
- remote controlled helicopter or drone
Classes! Let them learn a life skill – these make great gifts for a 12 year old girl!
- music lessons
- cooking class
- horseback riding, skiing lessons
- a trip and a stay (with adult supervision) to another city or even country.
- art classes
Something for Her Room
- furniture – bean bag chairs are great
- new bedding
- wall art
- doorbell (got to smile at this one but I think it’s awesome)
- a new lamp
There! Hope you enjoyed this list of gifts for a 12 year old girl and you found something you will be buying or putting in your wishlist!