Print out pumpkin craft template and make the coolest little Jack-o-lantern or regular pumpkin display in your classroom or in your home. What makes this craft special are the leaves! Gather them at your next nature walk or cut them out of paper and get crafty.
While you are in the mood for spooky crafting – do also check our collection of Halloween crafting ideas.
This pumpkin craft is perfect for your fall or Halloween lesson and is a great one for practising scissor skills.
We think it looks best when dry leaves are used to make it – but if you don’t have any around or have this as a last minute project and the leaves are not dry yet, paper leaves can be used or kids can paint them.
How to Use our Pumpkin Craft Template
What you need:
- our pumpkin craft template (grab it from the members area)
- orange print paper (preferred but you can also print it on white paper and have kids color the pumpkin)
- black construction paper (or other color)
- black marker
Step by Step Instructions
Print out the pumpkin craft template on orange paper – regular print paper is OK but you can also use card stock.
With black marker, draw Jack-o-lantern face. Scary, funny, happy, sad, angry, whatever you want.
Cut along the dashed lines.
Prepare your black paper.
Apply glue on the back of your Jack-o-lantern cut out.
Press it down on the black paper – a bit more to the top.
Start gluing leaves. The first line of leaves can be glued using glue stick (although white school glue is best).
If doing multiple layers of leaves, white school glue is best. Or glue dots.
Press the leaves down, for the glue to set.
All done! Your pumpkin craft is ready for display.
You could even decorate it more, and use chalk to add details to the background.
Become a Member and Get Printable Pumpkin Craft Template
This printable is available in our members area. Become a member and gain aces to our growing collection of educational and crafty printables.
Why become a member:
- access to Pumpkin Craft Template printable as well as all other printables in our membership library
- new quality resources added multiple times per week
- save time searching for quality resources
- spend more quality time with your kids