We usually eat potato salad in summer months but sometimes this easy to make meal (or side dish) sneaks on the winter menu too. What I love most about this dish is that, as I mention already, it is super easy to make and you can really let your imagination go wild when making it – there are tons of different flavor combos you can use and most of the time the end result will be fantastic. This time we gave it a “Greek twist” as we used feta cheese, olives and Greek yogurt.
Potato Salad with Feta Cheese and Olives
You can make more or less depending on how many you will serve and if you’ll serve this as a main course or a side dish.
- 2lbs (1kg) small potatoes
- “handful” of feta cheese chopped to small squares
- onion (small one)
- half a cup greek yogurt
- olive oil
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- salt, pepper
- dried herbs – dill, rosemary, thyme, parsley
Potato Salad With Feta Cheese Recipe
- Place the potatoes (with skin) in the lightly salted water and bring it to a boil. Once cooked (time depends on the tipe of stove you have and pots – from 10 to 30 minutes generally – if you are not sure you can do a “fork” test by sliding it in the potato – if it goes in like it would into butter (smoothly) they are done).
- While you wait for the potatoes to boil chop the onion and chop the cheese.
- When potates or cooked peel them and cut them to smaller pieces. Put them in a larger bowl and while they are still warm add chopped onion, salt, pepper, olive oil and vinegar to your taste.
- In another bowl mix Greek yogurt with herbs, mayonnaise, mustard and feta cheese (also add olives – we add them at the very end as my better half hates them – he does not know what he’s missing).
- When the potates cool down a bit add the Greek yogurt mix from the step 4.
- Voila ready to be eaten!