We love this ornament as it’s super easy to make and looks wonderful displayed on the Christmas tree!
Craft Stick and Buttons Snowflake Christmas Ornament
What you need:
- craft sticks
- glue – kids can use low heat glue gun
- twine or string for hanging
You can either go with natural wood craft sticks or get the precolored ones. You can match the button colors or make use all the colors of the rainbow.
If you go choose natural wood, first color the craft sticks and let them dry completely.
Lay your sticks onto a flat surface making a star shape. Glue them together with hot glue.
Apply buttons onto your sticks. We started with a large one in the center and worked outwards from there. Use the low temperature glue gun to glue the buttons to the sticks. Alternatively you can also use white school glue (works OK, but patience is required) or glue dots.
Cut a piece of twine or string and hot glue it to the back of your stick to hang. All done!
More Christmas Ornaments for Kids to Make
- fingerprint snowmen ornaments
- peppermint candy ornaments
- popsicle stick and twig Christmas tree ornaments
- cotton rounds angel ornament
- salt dough pine stamped ornaments