You can make the cutest little bunny paws Easter cookies in no time. This recipe is really simple and the end result? Adorable!
This one is easy enough for the kids to do too, and they would make wonderful little treats to put in Easter baskets for family and friends.
Easter Cookies Bunny Paws
These little cutties take little effort to make and they will look pretty sweet displayed on the table (and oh are they yummy).
This makes about 18 cookies
What you need
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter – softened at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/4 cup Wilton white sparkling sugar sprinkles
For decorating you’ll need
Egg shaped cookie cutter
Wilton orange and blue decorating icing
Wilton orange and blue chocolate melts
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180 °C and line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to the mixing bowl and mix with a whisk until it’s evenly distributed.
3. In another mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar. Mix with mixer on medium speed, cream until it has light and fluffy consistency (about 3 minutes). Add the eggs and mix until well combined. Add vanilla extract.
4. On low speed, add 1/4 of the dry ingredients and mix. Continue to add flour, 1/4 cup at a time until all is mixed in and combined.
5. Sprinkle some flour on a hard surface or cutting board and on your hands. Place some of the dough on the hard surface and press down with your hands (or use a roller) to make it about 1/4 inch thick.
6. With the egg-shaped cookie cutter, cut out egg shapes from the dough and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
7. Sprinkle each cookie with sparkling white sugar crystals.
8. Bake for exactly 10 minutes (any longer and they will turn brown).
9. Let cookies cool in pan for one minute and while they are still warm, press a large Wilton colored chocolate melt into each cookie on the smaller end of the egg shape.
10. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to completely cool.
11. Once cooled, pipe icing to make 3 dots on the larger end of each cookie for the toes.